Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Atheist Comments on the Death of my Friend...

"Do you ever miss a chance to use a tragedy as an excuse to proselytize? It is rather unbecoming to mine the grief and pain of others looking for material for a sermon."

"Nice morbid picture of the bicycle. Why didn't you just get his autopsy photos and post it on here. That would be much better for your fear-mongering preaching style."

"That video is a great example of Ray Comfort once again showing himself up for the parasite that he is."

"You claim he's a friend and yet you exploit his death in order to spread lies and deceit. You're despicable Ray."

"Jack LaLanne just died too Ray. What kind of ghoulish sermon can you come up with for that?"

You asked for it, so here it is:

Jack Lalanne died this week. He is the father of the fitness guru’s, who emphasized the importance of regular exercise and of juicing. For years I wondered if he would keep his great physique and his good looks (because of his disciplined lifestyle), but he didn't.

He lasted an amazing 96 years, which is pretty good. But one of my neighbors made it to 100 years and she didn't work out, loved fried eggs, white bread, cake, donuts, candy, and she drank unfiltered water. My son-in-law's dad is going strong. He's not at all into health food, and I filmed him recently dancing at his 100th birthday party.

Arnold Schwarzenegger [EDIT] said that Jack Lalanne "left the world a more healthier place." That's a nice thing to say about him, but I wonder what he meant. Two thirds of America’s population are overweight (fat), and more than a third of American adults are obese (really fat).

So, should we drink juice and work out for two hours a day? Not me. I ride a bike for 8 minutes each day, and I down half a glass of carrot juice. That's all I'm doing to extend my life. I took to heart the bumper sticker that said, "Eat Right, Exercise, Die Healthy."

Instead, I go by humanity's Instruction Book: "For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come" (1 Timothy 4:8).

Jack Lalanne worked out for two hours a day, even into his 90’s. He once boldly said of the evangelist Billy Graham, "Billy Graham’s for the hereafter. I'm for here now."

Not any more.

Pic. 1. Publicity photo of Jack LaLanne, 1950.
Pic. 2. Jack LaLanne receives a Lifetime Achievement Award on September 3, 2007 during a ceremony at Muscle Beach in Venice Beach, California.