Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Wearing A Cross

Comfort Food

Read the Bible in a year: Genesis 25, Psalm 30, Matthew 15

A friend and I went open air preaching recently at a local college (we have special permission not only to preach, but to film for our TV program--from the school’s Chief of Police). While my friend Tony was preaching, someone politely introduced himself and asked, “Do you think Jesus would have done this?” I said, “He did. Haven’t you read the gospels?” He was quick to say, “No He didn’t! He just drew people to Himself.” I said, “Okay, Tony will be finished in a moment, so you can get up on the soapbox and show us how you do it. We will sit at your feet and learn.” He responded, “Oh, I don’t do it that way. I just wear a cross.” I asked, “Do you speak to people about the reality of Hell, and how they need a Savior?” He said that he didn’t, so I told him that I liked the way Tony did it, better than the way that he didn’t do it.  It was no surprise to find that he hadn’t read his Bible for three weeks, and it was easy to understand why he believed as he did.  If I was ignorant of the Holy Scripture and if I didn’t care about people going to Hell, I would probably confine my evangelism to wearing a cross. But instead I must carry one.

Dessert
Copying Grass
“During the 50s and 60s, the Ford Foundation was studying ways to improve the physical fitness of young people. At the same time, the Chemstrand Company, a subsidiary of Monsanto Industries, were developing new synthetic fibers for use as tough carpeting.  Chemstrand was encouraged to try to make the perfect urban sports surface for schools by the Ford Foundation. From 1962 to 1966, Chemstrand worked on creating new sports surfaces. The surfaces were tested for foot traction and cushioning, weather drainage, flammability and wear resistance.  In 1964, the Creative Products Group installed a synthetic turf called Chemgrass at the Moses Brown School in Providence Rhode Island. This was the first large-scale installation of a synthetic turf.” (Source)

“Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you're not saved yourself, be sure of that!” ― Charles H. Spurgeon