Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pakistan's Diamonds

"Atheism is a lack of belief in any gods...If you claim to know your God exists, your knowledge would also have to be infinite, considering how well said deity conceals himself. Based on the complete lack of any compelling evidence for belief in any species of god, I believe that none exists." Sarah

You said that atheism is a "lack of belief in any gods." In other words, you think that you don't have any belief that god exists. Then you said "I believe that none exists."

You let the cat out of the bag. It jumped right out and you didn’t even see it. You do have a belief. You "believe" that God doesn't exist, and because you have admitted it publicly, expect to be chided by every other atheist who hides behind the excuse of "I have no belief." They do, and you do. You have faith, and you have so much faith in that faith, you are betting your eternity on it.

Your second mistake is one that atheists often make. They will admit that to say "There is no God," a person needs absolute knowledge. You need to know everything to be able to truthfully say that there is no evidence that God exists. The best you can do is say, with the limited knowledge I have at present, I believe that there is no God.

If I was to say that there are no diamonds in Pakistan, I need to now what’s within every rock, in every part of the soil, in every drawer, and on every finger in Pakistan, because if there is even one diamond, I am wrong. The best I can do is to say that with the limited knowledge I have at present, I believe that there are no diamonds in Pakistan.

However, to say there is a diamond in Pakistan, I don’t need absolute knowledge. I simply have to know of one (verify it), and my statement is true.

Don’t feel bad. To become a Christian, I had to admit that I was wrong. I was a believer in evolution and had a real mixed up theology about the things of God. I was wrong, and I am eternally grateful that by the grace of God I came to my senses, repented and trusted in Jesus Christ. I came to know Him. When we do that, we stop justifying ourselves, and instead justify God. In other words, admit that we are wrong, and He is right.