Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Knuckle-dragging Narrow-minded Creationists (part 2)


(read part 1 here)

But you are not alone if you believe in God. Many of our greatest scientists believed in the existence of a Creator: Galileo, Newton, Nicholas Copernicus, Francis Bacon, Michael Faraday, Louis Pasteur and Kepler, just to name a few. Einstein rightly said, "Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." He also said, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

The incredible harmony in creation proves beyond a doubt to any thinking mind that there is a Creator. Listen to what the Bible says about atheists and the existence of God: “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse…” That’s from Romans 1:20.

But God doesn’t want you to just believe in His existence. He wants you to obey Him. When I understood that I had violated God’s Law (the Ten Commandments), and 2,000 years ago Jesus paid my fine in His precious life's blood, I found that upon my repentance and faith in the Savior God would legally commute my death sentence. My case was dismissed through the mercy of the Judge.

On the Day of Judgment the moral Law cannot condemn me, because my crimes against God no longer exist. They have been blotted out by the grace of God. I have everlasting life. My fine was paid; and my case dismissed. Is yours?