Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Memory Bank

Can you recall your very first memory? Mine was as a four year-old in kindergarten. We had to line up for a class photograph and as I was the shortest, I was taken to the front and made to sit crossed legged holding the class sign. I find the subject of memory banks incredibly fascinating. In a second I can withdraw memoirs from the bank and re-spend them. Smells, songs, or something I see can trigger a pleasant or a painful memory. Of course, like so many things we take for granted, the memory process is truly amazing. Think of a pleasant memory. Perhaps it’s your house as a child. If you close your eyes and concentrate enough, you can actually walk through the door of your old house, into the kitchen, down the hall, into your bedroom and look at things, all within the corridors of your mind. There’s also a fearful side to this. The memory has also recorded every sin we have ever committed. Yet, as a Christian I thank God that He knows nothing about them. The Bible says that He has forgotten my sins. However, there is the thought that if God is all-knowing, then He will know exactly what He has forgotten. So the only way we can reconcile His forgetting with His omniscience is to realize that He has annihilated our sins, through the blood of Christ. They no longer exist. Psalm 103:12 says, “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” They have been removed as far as the east is from the west. That’s an infinite distance. If I am at the South Pole and head north, I will eventually hit the North Pole. But if I head towards the east, I will never find the west. It’s in the opposite direction. So, because of the cross the sins of those who trust in Jesus are at an infinite distance from the mind of God. Praise the Lord for that. Now there’s a massive understatement.