Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What’s in a Mustache?

Someone once looked at my face and said, “What makes your nose so important that it has to be underlined!” He made a good point. A mustache hasn’t any real function. It’s purely cosmetic. I have a broom-lip because my dad had one, and I liked it. My son-in-law once pleaded with me to shave it off. I did, and was a little shocked to have someone say, “You don’t look like Ray Comfort any more!” I didn’t look like me. I looked like a pathetic featherless sparrow. My new image didn’t fly with Sue either. She made me grow it back, which provokes the question, is my identity wrapped up in my looks? This world would say that it is. A good-looking Hollywood actor at the age of 70 looks nothing like the image that was captured when he or she was in their 20’s. The reality of that image has gone forever. So, if we are ever-changing, who or what is the real you? It’s your soul, your very essence. Jesus didn’t say, “What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own body.” He said it’s the soul that will be clothed upon in eternity, and it will either be clothed upon with glory, or corruption. So don’t spend too much time grooming that which is temporal. Build the muscle of your character. “While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18).