Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Valued Piece of Garbage

"Sometimes Ray makes me angry, or annoyed, flabbergasted or concerned for his mental health. But all in all, he is a good man. I wouldn't torture him, make him feel like a horrible useless little sinful piece of garbage, or arbitrarily destroy him on a meteorological whim. I wouldn't call him names or accuse him of greed. My gut is that Ray's not all that bad. Probably. Steve."

I’m glad you used the word "probably." It shows that you think that you could be wrong about me being a good man. And, you are. Big time. I’m not a good man, and I am "all that bad." A "good" man loves the God who gave him life--with all of his heart, mind, soul, and strength. He also loves every other human being as much as he loves himself. A good man never lusts after women, or has a selfish or unclean thought sexual though. He is perfect, in thought, word, and in deed.

By human definition of the word "good," I may be good. But man's definition is very low. God’s is very high, and it’s by His perfect standard of goodness that we will be judged on Judgment day. Definitely.

No doubt this will make you angry, annoyed, flabbergasted and very concerned about my mental health. This is because you don’t understand God’s terrible justice, neither do you understand His amazing mercy. You and I may be a "sinful piece of garbage," but it is on that garbage that God set His love, and suffered and died to cleanse us of our filth.